Every fall, the East Noble School Corporation Technology Department deploys nearly 600 devices to fifth and ninth graders. Fifth grade machines are distributed in the elementary buildings within classes and stay in the building for the first trimester so that basic laptop care and digital citizenship skills can be taught. Ninth grade and new student machines are distributed to freshmen at New Student Orientation. Only students that are fully registered may pick up a laptop.
When laptops are distributed, students are given their laptop, along with a laptop bag and power adapter. The same equipment that is assigned to the student must be returned when the student returns the laptop. Students may use their own bags throughout the course of their stay at East Noble, but must return the laptop in the original bag upon leaving.
Collection--Summer Laptop Initiative
Each summer, East Noble steps into an exciting endeavor. In years past, a large number of parents voiced the desire that their children be allowed to keep their laptops over the summer. In an effort to meet the needs of the many students who participate in online classes, summer school, credit recovery, and summer AP/Pre-AP courses, the district allows students currently in grades 7 and 9-11 to keep their laptops over the summer.
On the last student day, students in these grades are allowed to bring their machines home. To ensure the successful implementation of this initiative, the following procedures have been put into place:
- Laptop support will be available every Wednesday over the summer at East Noble High School’s Media Center, with the possibility of adding additional times or days if the need arises.
- Support staff is available during registration days for students that wish to bring their machines in to update before school starts.
- The East Noble High School Media Center is open during the day one week before school starts for students who need additional assistance updating, etc.
- LAPTOP STORAGE: Students whose families do not wish to accept the responsibility of having the laptop over the summer have the option of turning in the machine at the end of the school year. However, parents who would like the school corporation to store their child’s laptop need to come to the East Noble High School Media Center with the machines immediately after school gets out and will receive a receipt stating the machine was returned. A parent or guardian must be the person to return the machine.
- SUMMER TRANSFERS: Families who decide to leave East Noble School Corporation during the summer will be able to return the laptop at East Noble High School or the East Noble School Corporation office at any time during business hours Monday through Thursday. Families leaving the corporation and not returning the laptop will be charged the full replacement cost of the laptop.
- WEBSENSE ALERTS: Any student who performs inappropriate web searches over the summer and triggers Websense alerts will have their accounts disabled for the duration of the summer.
The date for picking up the machines that have been stored for families over summer is announced on the school websites.
To receive important information and reminders regarding East Noble Technology, parents and students are encouraged to follow our Twitter feed at @ENSCTech.